Re: Bridge interface and IP address

On 8/30/2010 6:38 AM, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
ou can't assign an IP address to a bridge in NetBSD.
Just assign the IP to one of the interfaces member of the bridge

  I'm way late to the conversation but I'd advocate for a
  layer-3 capable bridge(4) interface, even if its a tap(4)-like
  interface as suggested.

  This can create confusion with subsystems like pf/ipf,
  tcpdump.  Cisco makes this really easy with BVI and VLAN
  interfaces (depending on if its a layer2, layer3, or hybrid
  IOS image)