Re: why not remove AF_LOCAL sockets on last close?

    Date:        Thu, 24 Jun 2010 22:55:51 -0400
    From:        Thor Simon <tls%coyotepoint.com@localhost>

  | Can anyone tell me why, exactly, we shouldn't remove bound AF_LOCAL
  | sockets from the filesystem on last close?

I suspect the original reasoning was along the lines of whether it
is necessary for the kernel to clean up, or can it be done in application
code?   If the application can do it, and there's no compelling reason
(security, or similar) for the kernel to do it, then generally, having the
kernel do less, rather than more, is better.

kre

ps: my question of whether the application can do it is obviously
intended to be rhetorical...