Re: Limit on number of sockets

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 11:45:17 +0200
Edgar Fuà <ef%math.uni-bonn.de@localhost> wrote:

> Is there any kernel-imposed limit on the number of concurrently open sockets
> other than available memory and kern.maxfiles?

It's also possible to increase kern.mbuf.nmbclusters, if I recall
correctly, but you should normally be getting ``mclpool limit reached''
messages in dmesg if that is needed.

See also the RLIMIT_NOFILE for that process (or alternatively the
process-specific sysctl nodes for it, proc.<pid>.rlimit.descriptors.*).
--
Matt