Re: porting OpenBSD's eephy(4) driver to replace makphy(4)

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 03:00:41PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in getting this
> driver into NetBSD to replace makphy(4) or not.  I'll probably be moving
> it to my netbsd-5 branch soon, and if necessary I could probably provide
> patches for -current, though testing them would be next to impossible.
> Diff's available on request -- or I can file something with send-pr.

It probably needs pretty vigorous testing with the external and integrated
Marvell PHYs on various Intel cards as well.  I think OpenBSD uses the
other driver for the Intel Gig-E so it's quite unlikely that eephy has had
any testing with Intel's "Marvell" PHYs.

Thor