Re: dhclient-script: trying harder to set correct default route

On Feb 10, 2010, at 2:18 PM, Christoph Badura wrote:

> The following behaviour has been annoying me for a long time and I had
> the appended patch in my local trees for a couple of years.
>
> When dhclient runs dhclient-script after binding to set the new IP address
> and default route (among other things), it fails to set the new default route
> if there already exists a default route in the system.  I get that situation
> regularly when restarting dhclient.
>
> Does anyone object to the following patch?  I asked Ted Lemon about it
> and he said it is OK with him.

I think it's an excellent change.  I think, btw, that pppd (through its
scripts) has a similar problem, though at the moment I can neither find the
source to default scripts (if there is indeed a default) nor recall where I got
the scripts that I'm using.