Re: kernel level multilink PPP and maybe (re)porting FreeBSD netgraph

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 03:59:29PM -0500, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> The kernel code (if indeed it has any client code -- not sure yet)
> doesn't seem to allow forwarding through UDP or TCP.  It does mention
> PPTP, and PPPoE in places but those don't really help me directly.

You can operate gre(4) over UDP without involving userland, does that
help any?

[I don't see why gre(4) could not be made to operate over TCP, too, but
I would not recommend it. :-)]

Is MLPPD necessary/desirable for some reason?

> The document I eventually found here:
>
>       http://www.seil.jp/download/eng/doc/npppd_pipex.pdf
>
> confirms that this seems to be server/concentrator only.  (that link
> sure would have helped me figure this out faster!)

It was always my understanding that npppd_pipex was only a
server/concentrator.

Dave