Re: connecting to a phone running android-wifi-tether

On 19/01/2010 16:27, David Brownlee wrote:
I have android-wifi-tether.googlecode.com on my HTC phone to provide a
wifi hotspot for my laptop and thought I'd give it a spin with NetBSD.
I'm using the following scrip which works fine, but I can't seem to
get it working under wpa_supplicant. Does anyone have any thoughts?

#!/bin/sh
/etc/rc.d/wpa_supplicant stop
/etc/rc.d/dhcpcd stop
ifconfig ath0 ssid absTether mediaopt adhoc
while ! ifconfig ath0 | grep 'status: active' ; do
     echo -n .
     sleep 1
done
/etc/rc.d/dhcpcd start

dhcpcd handles link management fine, so no need to monitor ifconfig output and start it :)

Thanks

Roy