Re: lib/42405: libc: getaddrinfo() should perform T_A lookups before T_AAAA lookups, was: Resolver problems

On Dec 4, 2009, at 12:02 PM, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> just like ncsd?   Can you explain why this idea is appropriate for NetBSD,
> while ncsd is not appropriate?

Actually, I've come to the conclusion that something like nscd *would* be
appropriate... but considering that we already have mdnsd that can do both
multicast and unicast DNS, it seems reasonable to put all of the DNS-related
activity there, leaving everything else (user/group lookup/search, nested group
resolution, etc. etc. etc.) to an nscd-like service.

-- thorpej