Re: tftp protocol

It could be either/or.

The way PXE works, it starts out purely as a BIOS thing that searches for a
network server and does a tftp pull for a bootstrap executable.  The bootstrap
executable MAY use the PXE BIOS network stack and NIC driver, or may provide
it's own, then pull further executables, file system images, etc.  Generally,
that first executable will use the PXE BIOS resources to remain platform
independant.

It doesn't hurt to look for BIOS updates and errata just to ensure it is a
vista issue.  If the NIC is an on board model, then the PC manuf should have
updated BIOS available.  If the NIC is a PCI add on, then the PXE network
extensions are in the BIOS of the NIC card itself.  Replacing the NIV card with
another PXE capable brand would suffice, or maybe the NIC card manuf has a
flash update.

Let us know how you come out.

Cheers,

-S-