Re: PROPSAL: import Apple's mDNSResponder

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 03:53:49PM -0400, Ty Sarna wrote:
> Embedded devices and servers want to
> advertise services this way, and desktops want to access them.

Key questions not addressed/apparent in your proposal:

 * What server and client applications in base would want to do this?
 * How does base directly benefit?

I didn't see any steps in your list where this integration
was enabled for other things in base - just a client library,
presumably waiting to be used by other apps potentially to be added.

If that's it, I don't really see the integration benefit - those other
apps can just as well pull this in from pkgsrc at the same time as the
rest of whatever they need.

If there's more than that, then please show it to fully make a case
that shows how it integrates with (rather that just adds to) base.

--
Dan.