Re: gigE negotiation failure with wm0

Kevin Lahey wrote:

> Perusing the 36,000 or so lines of code [*] in the FreeBSD driver
>
>     [ ... ]
>
> [*] Apparently UNIX Version 6 was about 8,200 lines of C and 900 lines
> of assembler.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story!  V6 was about 50,800
lines of assembler and 40,800 lines of C (source + headers).  V5 wasn't
that much smaller.

This of course isn't justification for any single driver containing
36,000 line of source, but perhaps we can mark the milestone when the
driver reaches 40,781 lines of code :-)

Cheers,
Simon.