Re: Disabling UDP checksums on HME

Hi,

> > So, it looks like we should disable UDP checksums for hme(4)
>
> I guess disabling only udp4csum-tx is enough.

It's not clear from their bug report.  I thought that the same hardware
routine would be used for both transmit and receive.

> I think you are talking about bug #6587521
> http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6587116
> but it doesn't mention how badly the hardware calculates sums.

Yes, that's correct.

> I wonder if manual padding can help it or not, but
> I can't reproduce UDP packets with wrong cksum
> on quick tests with PCI hme(4).

I will see if I can reproduce this.  I'm not sure if the different HME's
(e.g. SBus, PCI, QFE) have different firmware (but I think they don't have),

Thanks,

  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/