Re: Adding KAUTH_DEVICE_TTY_ATTACH_<TYPE>

On Wed, 6 May 2009, der Mouse wrote:

> > I am not sure what should be done with slip(4).  It is possible that,
> > by now, it should be removed too.
>
> I would argue against that.

Looking at Wikipedia entry, it does say that SLIP is still used by some
microcontrollers because of low overheads and I think its likely to
continue to be useful in that case.. (not necessarily running NetBSD on
the microcontrollers, but talking to them)

The other case of SLIP mentioned in modern use is in the "BlueCore Serial
Protocol" used by some CSR chips though the bcsp(4) driver doesn't share
any slip(4) code.

iain