Re: multiple rx/tx rings and interrupt delivery on newer nics

On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 3:05 AM, Darren Reed <darrenr%netbsd.org@localhost>
wrote:
> Sepherosa Ziehau wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 11:59 PM, Darren Reed
>> <darrenr%fastmail.net@localhost> wrote:

>> > I disagree.
>>
>> mmm, which points do you disagree :)?  The description about the RX
>> side or the TX side?
>>

> I don't agree with "I don't think it will get widely deployed."

Haha, I see.  However, using the 4-tuples for non-frag UDP datagram is
not mentioned in RSS standard at all and currently most vendors only
do RSS standard hash functions.  I personally like to see that "hash
using 4-tuples for non-frag UDP" becomes standard one day :)

Best Regards,
sephe

--
Live Free or Die