GSoC : 'zeroconfd' enhancement

Hi All,

I'm Sunil, a student from India. I was a Google Summer of Code student
last year during which I worked on the Avahi project (under GNOME
umbrella), and integrated LLMNR protocol in it.

I'm willing to enhance zeroconfd features, the Multicast daemon for
NetBSD, if it still an open task. Unfortunately, I'm unable to get any
updated information on the project at this page[1], or anywhere else.
To the best of my understanding, it seems mDNS protocol has already
been implemented perfectly during GSoC 2005 (responderd), and now we
need to have a library over mDNS to support DNS-SD protocol; so that
other applications can easily publish/browse services being offered by
other hosts.

I'd really appreciate any input on this!
[1] : http://netbsd-soc.sourceforge.net/projects/zeroconf/

Thanks and regards,
Sunil