Re: route change addr -ifp foo behaviour

On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 13:17 -0600, David Young wrote:
> > route change 192.168.0.0/24 -ifp re1
>
> Reach destination 192.168.0.0/24 through re1.

This is the case which I'm interested in.
At this point it becomes a managed route, so whilst dropping the
IFA_ROUTE flag is correct, we should not add it to the sockaddr_dl ifa.

> > ifconfig re0 -alias 192.168.0.1 # connected route remains, ok
> > ifconfig re1 -alias 192.168.0.2
> >
> > Now, if the last route style command is used, the last ifconfig command
> > will not remove the connected route. If the other two where used (ifa
> > specified) then the connected route is removed.
>
> I don't know what to make of that.  It would help if you
> would send relevant 'route show' or 'netstat -rn -f inet'
> output at each step, so that readers don't have to try to reproduce
> these steps on their own.

Output for both is actually the same.

I think I have the gist of the intent and expected behaviour now.
The patch will be adjusted accordingly.

Thanks

Roy