Re: NetBSD TCP Congestion Control Configuration

On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 12:59:32 +0200
"Mukosi Mukwevho" <mukosi%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Hi Ignatios;
>
> I had a look on man sysctl(7) there is no setting to switch slow-start
> off? Actually, there are no sysctl settings to switch congestion
> control off completely.

Remember that slow start is much older than NetBSD; I don't think
you'll find any versions of the code that don't have it.  And, since
turning it off is regarded as a very unfriendly thing to do on the
Internet, I suspect that no one saw any reason to add such a sysctl.
Your need is legitimate, but I think you'll have to modify the code
yourself.