Re: Changing the default subnet route.

On Wed, 2008-12-24 at 12:58 -0600, David Young wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 09:37:07AM +0000, Roy Marples wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-12-22 at 18:40 -0600, David Young wrote:
> > > How does this behavior of IPv4 ifaddrs compare with IPv6?
> >
> > A quick test shows that IPv6 behaves correctly here.
> >
> > ifconfig bge0 inet6 fee1:: alias
> > ifconfig iwi0 inet6 fee1:: alias
> > route change -net -inet6 fee1::/64 -ifp iwi0
> > ifconfig bge0 inet6 fee1:: -alias
> > ifconfig bge0 inet6 fee1:: alias
>
> Did IPv6 work correctly prior to your change to rtsock.c?

From memory, yes it did as the inet6 does does not appear to use
IFA_ROUTE. But I don't have a non-patched kernel handy to test with just
yet.

> > However the
> > fee1:: MACADDR UHL
> > route is not changed which could be a bug.
>
> Does the corresponding IPv4 route change?

Why should it? All the above commands referenced -inet6 and should not
affect IPv4 in any way or form.

> The fact that IPv6 (sort of) works, now, reinforces my hunch that
> your change to in.c was unnecessary, because your change to rtsock.c
> was sufficient.

Pretty sure it's necessary, but when I can build a working kernel
without my patch I'll let you know for sure.

Thanks

Roy