Re: Improving the data supplied by BPF

Greg Troxel wrote:
> One thing I've always found missing in bpf is a flag to denote outgoing
> vs incoming packets.  It might also be nice to note 'tapped as added to
> queue' vs 'tapped when tx dma set up' vs 'tapped when tx ack arrives'.

Interesting but I think that's outside the scope of what I'm
trying to do here and now. Additionally, if there were possible,
we'd need to think about if/how that is exposed to the user
and how to interpret a user saying "tap tx dma set up packets
for loopback" (because they'll try to use the same CLI/filter
for loopback as they did the bge chip...)

Darren