Re: is NetBSD-4.x NFS Server locking support broken?

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 05:20:46PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> Is NetBSD-4.x NFS Server locking support broken?
>
> (I sure wish NetBSD NFS Client locking worked!)
>
> Since upgrading my Apple laptop to OS X 10.5 I've been having problems
> with NFS mounts to my NetBSD-4 server.
>
> The first few times it happened I finally came to suspect locking, after
> eventually spotting messages like the following in my system logs:
>
> Sep 19 17:10:17 once rpc.lockd: clntudp_create: RPC: Port mapper failure -
> RPC: Timed out
> Sep 19 17:10:17 once rpc.lockd: Unable to return result to 204.92.254.251

You says your OS X box is behind a NAT; I wonder is the NAT is preventing
the server to talk to the client's rpcbind or statd here.
Maybe using RPC over TCP for lockd/statd could help in this case.

> Sep 19 17:10:17 once rpc.lockd: lock from macweird.local.8243: already
> locked, failed

This is probably because the client sends the request multiple times.