Re: gigE negotiation failure with wm0

On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 16:57:19 -0400
"Steven M. Bellovin" <smb%cs.columbia.edu@localhost> wrote:

> > Christoph Egger mentioned this patch to me, yesterday,
> >
> > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.openbsd.cvs/79169
> >
> > I have not looked into it, so I don't know if it may help your
> > problem or not.
> >
> Interesting -- the failing switch is more intended for managed
> environments with VLANs, tags, etc.; it might indeed be related.  Now
> to figure out how to port the patch to NetBSD.
>
> Thanks.

Since the patches were (mostly) to phy routines, I tried booting with
'disable igphy'.  It fell back to ukphy and *claims* to have negotiated
GigE.  The lights on the switch suggest otherwise, and the speed is
more indicative of a 100BaseT connection.  I'll try it again at home,
on a switch with better lights, and will see what happens.