Re: Adding a parameter to net80211_input?

On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 09:39:31AM -0500, David Young wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 05:52:45AM +0200, Quentin Garnier wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been working on importing support for RALink 2860 devices from
> > OpenBSD, because that's the WLAN chip the EeeBox has.
> >
> > Like wi(4), this chip is able to do encryption and decryption in the
> > hardware.  Like wi(4), it has the issue that the net80211 layer isn't
> > too keen on the idea.
>
> Actually, the net80211 layer *is* keen on the idea.  Maybe it appears
> otherwise.  Can you say more about that?

Do you remember the workaround wi(4) has to use not to see F_DROPUNENC
kill all frames?

You called it grotty in the first place :)
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-net/2007/11/26/0005.html

I guess the problem is that just like for wi, the crypto headers are
lost.

> How has OpenBSD dealt with WEP?

They pass a parameter to ieee80211_input.

--
Quentin Garnier - cube%cubidou.net@localhost - cube%NetBSD.org@localhost