Re: tap interface address

>> I... doubt that.  tap_dev_ioctl() returns ENOTTY (as it should).
> Mm, maybe you are right, but the program shows no error (is ENOTTY
> rewritten to something else in the dev code?)

More likely, it seems to me, is that userland recognizes ENOTTY
specially and doesn't report any error in that case.

Or is "the program" custom code?  This guess is based on the assumption
that it's a stock tool like ifconfig or netstat.

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign