netbsd 4 wm0 network device problems

Hi all

I am not sure whether this should be tech-net or tech-kern, but think tech-net seems more appropriate. If I am wrong, let me know and I will repost to the correct forum.

I recently got a new PC with a wm0 network device and after some time noticed issues with the networking. Carrier detect seemed unreliable. For example, if I removed the network cable and re-inserted it the device stated that there was no carrier detected. An 'ifconfig down' and 'ifconfig up' resolved this. I also noticed problems with multicasting. It seems receiving multicast would only work when running tcpdump and would stop functioning when tcpdump stopped. Some googling revealed PR kern/37976 which describes these problems and some others.

My question is, has this been resolved at all and/or does anyone have a patch that fixes these issues?

Is there any way I can help here. I can quite easily reproduce the issue and can provide internet access to a PC that has the necessary hardware.

The relevant dmesg output:

wm0 at pci0 dev 25 function 0: 82801I (C) LAN Controller, rev. 2
wm0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 20 (irq 10)
wm0: PCI-Express bus
wm0: FLASH
wm0: Ethernet address 00:19:d1:aa:20:23
igphy0 at wm0 phy 1: i82566 10/100/1000 media interface, rev. 0
igphy0: 10baseT, 10baseT-FDX, 100baseTX, 100baseTX-FDX, 1000baseT, 1000baseT-FDX, auto

Best regards,
Ian