Re: DHCP client with minimal functionality and size

On Thursday 10 April 2008 18:01:32 Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 03:22:55PM +0100, Roy Marples wrote:
> > However, you can stop dhcpcd from say installing default routes,
> > touching /etc/resolv.conf or doing any ntp changes through command line
> > options.
>
> Doing any NTP changes?  Please, say more.
>
> I don't want C programs mucking with my daemon configuration files.

By default, dhcpcd will request a list of NTP servers to use from the DHCP
server. If none are given then dhcpcd does nothing. Otherwise it will
create /etc/ntpd.conf, and /etc/ntp.conf to work with this information. If
dhcpcd knows about the init system (it does for NetBSD rc) then it will also
restart ntp if it had to change the file.

This can be disabled with the -N option.

It currently does similar for NIS also.

Thanks

Roy