Re: IPv6 Router Solicitation Send

Yes, I was looking for some function like rs_output() which would be
called when interface comes up (or other conditions as described in
RFC). But looks like, such
implementation is not there.
Is there any specific reason for not having it as part of Kernel? RFC
marks router solicitation requirement  as "SHOULD" .
Does this mean that most of the IPV6 implementation at hosts doesn't
send router solicitation by default when interface comes UP?

Thanks,
DD