Re: Revamping optimised in_cksum/in4_cksum/in6_cksum support

On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 04:12:08PM +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> I would like to simplify this and implement in4_cksum and in6_cksum in C
> and have a single MD backend function (md_in_cksum).

With the a small modification (cpu_in_cksum as MD backend), the patch
http://www.netbsd.org/~joerg/cpu_in_cksum.diff implements this. The
portable version was tested on Sparc and Alpha. i386 and amd64 are
converted, other platforms will need some changes.

A regression test can be found in src/regress/sys/net/in_cksum.

The existing in_cksum implementation need to be adjusted to do the
equivalent of the first for loop in the portable code.

I would like to continue with this without compat code, the MD work is
relative straight forward. The MD versions should be timed, at least on
Alpha the portable version is faster than the current MD code, I
wouldn't be surprised if other platforms have similiar issues.

Joerg