Re: DHCP client with minimal functionality and size

On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 11:25:59PM +0000, Roy Marples wrote:
> Because like most UNIX tools, it does one job very well and doesn't try to do
> anything beyond that.

I disagree - it does it's own job not very well if I need to script it
with another tool for a simple & very common setup.

My idea would be to have it handle up/downs of the interfaces it deals with
automatically by default, but offer one option to not deal with them at all,
and another to just exit when the interface goes down.

Provide enouogh rope, but don't be inherently complex to use.

Martin