Subject: Re: IPv6 fetch from gnome.org fails only for me?
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/14/2007 10:37:58
Hello,

On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 10:20:09AM +0100, Andreas Hallmann wrote:
[...]
> I tskark'ed the trafic. TCP/IP connection is build up perfectly. The
> GET-hhtp request is ACKed ... but no data is send. ?)
>
> Is it a my-site only problem???

Nearly so.

It works from DFN, from ftp.netbsd.org, and from a machine @ cuw Munich.

However, I seem to have the same problem at home (RH-TEC).

Looks like there is a packet-size-dependant hole somewhere both our
traffic paths pass through, or rather, a place where ICMP6 error messages
(e.g. "Fragmentation needed") are blocked.

I'll contact my provider, you should contact yours.

If I'm guessing right your's the same problem as mine: as a workaround:

sysctl -w net.inet6.tcp6.recvspace=1440 (or smaller) works for me,
although performance is not too good without sliding windows, of
course.

	-is
--
seal your e-mail: http://www.gnupg.org/