Subject: Re: ip_len byte order in fr_fastroute
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: Hans Rosenfeld <rosenfeld@grumpf.hope-2000.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/04/2007 15:30:40
On Sun, Nov 04, 2007 at 09:19:43AM -0500, Ken Raeburn wrote:
> I've been having a problem with my gif tunnel in NetBSD/i386 3.1 and
> 4.0RC2: It's basically become unusable.  A large portion of the
> packets going out have the length field of the encapsulated packet in
> host byte order rather than network byte order.  (I only ran 3.1
> briefly before updating to 4.0RC2; before that, 2.0 was working
> fairly well for me.)

A day or two ago I upgraded a gateway machine to RC3 and had the same
problem. The system uses IPF to fastroute packets through a ppp
connection, but the same thing happened when using a virtual ethernet
over udp instead.

This problem seems to have been around for quite some time now:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2005/02/24/0001.html

--
%SYSTEM-F-ANARCHISM, The operating system has been overthrown