Subject: MPLS
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Alaric Snell-Pym <alaric@snell-pym.org.uk>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/04/2007 16:19:02
Hi there,

What's the status of MPLS integration in NetBSD? The Ayame project
seems to have gone rather quiet of late...

I know that MPLS is currently being sold to the world as a 'high-end
core network' technology, but as I see it, MPLS was originally
designed to mean that CHEAP, SIMPLE routers could do high-end routing
jobs. Personally, I'm keen to use MPLS for *all* inter-router links,
and just use normal IP over Ethernet for leaf networks, so I can have
snazzy traffic control and fast routing failover...

But MPLS routers are not currently very cheap, so I'm keen on getting
my NetBSD machines doing the job!

ABS

--
Alaric Snell-Pym