Subject: Re: ippp0 and ipv6 trouble (ipv6cp)
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/02/2007 13:52:55
On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 09:43:40PM +0200, Zafer Aydogan wrote:
> hello list,
>
> I'm having trouble to establish an isdn connection.
> Everything seem to work but somehow ippp0 tries to establish a ppp
> connection via ipv6. This attempt (ipv6cp) is rejected by the peer.
> After that, the ipcp pap authentication succeeds and I get an IP
> (ipv4) but before the connection is established the connection is
> closed. During dialing my console prints: "ipv6cp illegal up in state
> req-sent" all the time.

Hm - sounds like a broken peer to me; at least the kernel sync ppp
engines of NetBSD used to work with the legacy IP (IPv4) only peers
I've used in the past; only logging a warning. (Unless some other
parameter of pap and ipv4 negotiation is wrong on your side, too).

Our async PPP implementation has a workaround for broken peers: you can
disable ipv6 with "pppd -ipv6", but I didn't find such an option for
ipppctl.

Regards,
	-is