Subject: Re: ipv6 source address selection
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
From: JINMEI Tatuya / =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCP0BMQEMjOkgbKEI=?= <jinmei@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/25/2007 12:11:39
At Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:45:55 +0200,
Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org> wrote:

> > >Would the "deprecated" keyword of ifconfig help you?
> >

> > He is probably looking for the IPSELSRC equivalent for IPv6.
>
> Hm.... right.

I didn't know IPSELSRC, but does the source address selection
mechanism based on RFC3484 satisfy your need?  The (current) NetBSD
kernel already supports the framework, although the configuration tool
(called ip6addrctl in FreeBSD) seems to be missing.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					jinmei@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp