Subject: ifreq compat conversion
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/31/2007 12:34:09
I'd suggested using ifreq accessors, ifreq_getaddr() and ifreq_setaddr(),
to smooth over the difference between the sockaddr-sized ifr_addr in
oifreq and the sockaddr_storage-sized ifr_addr ifreq.  I've begun to
convert my tree to the accessors, however, it looks to me like the
conversion from oifreq to ifreq and back has been consolidated in
ifioctl(), so the accessors are not as helpful.

It appears that gre_ioctl() still does the compat conversion of ifreq
by itself.  It doesn't really need to, does it?

Dave

dyoung@ojctech.com      Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933 ext 24