Subject: please review: patches for ieee80211 ioctls
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Stephen Degler <sdegler@degler.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/13/2007 11:27:58
Hello,

The following two patches fix wpa_supplicant for me, with an atheros driver
and x86_64.  The first simply adds the SIOC{G,S}80211 ioctls.  The second
fixes a nasty COMPAT_ problem that depended on the size of the ioctl arguments!
On x86_64 at least, the size of the ieee80211_req struct is the same as the
struct oifreq, and I lose.  See the comments in socio.h to this effect.

One question:  Currently all of the wireless ioctls fall into the default case
and are handled by compat_ifioctl in the second switch statment of ifioctl
(if.c, lines 560-580).  Shouln't they be in prior case, posted directly against
the interface, like SIOCGIFMEDIA?  If so, let me know and I'll update the patch.

Please review and let me know if its ok to commit.

skd