Subject: Question about libpcap
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: Gerald Lee <glee@force10networks.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/19/2007 19:14:44
	We have a unique situation.  An engineer want to use libpcap to
create compile a packet filter.  However, he wants to use it purely in
memory.  The problem comes in that the application is threaded, and one
of the other threads is blocked on stdin.  This causes the parser to
attempt to get more input from stdin.  He tracked it down to the state
of yyin, and would just as soon directly manipulate it.  Others of us
are discouraging this approach.
	However, I need to give him either 1) the appropriate
incantations, or 2) a new interface (or variation on the current theme).
We've tried things like pcap_compile_nocap, and still see the problem.
	Suggestions for either the correct usage (preferred), or
suggestions for a name for a new entry point (even if we are the only
ones using it ;).

Thanks,
- bob