Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/sys
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/29/2007 20:06:59
> sockaddr_storage is, by definition, large enough to contain any
> protocol-specific sockaddr.  That's what it's for.

Then it needs to be enlarged substantially; the only limit on AF_LOCAL
sockaddr size I can find is the one implied by the various *_len fields
(including sun_len) being unsigned char.  (I consider this limit a bug,
especially as it's not documented as far as I can see.  unix(4) implies
the limit is 104, without giving a manifest constant for the limit,
without explaining why it's 104 and not, say, 126, and without
explaining that the actual limit is entirely different.)

Of course, AF_LOCAL is broken in various other ways too, so there's a
certain amount of "what's one more"....

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign