Subject: Re: bgp passwd
To: vlk <vlk@gjbi.cz>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@tastylime.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/24/2007 11:10:31
vlk wrote:

>  Hallo,
>
> we are using BSD router with quagga long time, now we make new BGP session
> with "Cisco password".
> On quagga web site is link
> http://lists.quagga.net/pipermail/quagga-users/2004-February/001469.html
> for freebsd, but patch is out. For orig quagga-0.99.6 exist patch
> http://www.solinno.co.uk/md5sig/quagga_linux-2.6.20_md5sig.diff
> patch is ok,  but compile no. Do you know any solution for this problem?
>
> thanks Jan

I had this working on NetBSD in 3.X (you need a kernel with "options
TCP_SIGNATURE" in it), but the TCP_SIGNATURE code got broken about a
year ago, and is broken in 4.0_BETA2.  I've been meaning to track this
down, but just haven't had the time.

Meanwhile, if you look for old posts of mine, you can probably find out
how to get it working on NetBSD 3.1 if you want.

+j