Subject: Re: nfe(4) hardware checksum support
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@embedtronics.fi>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/10/2007 17:47:11
On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 02:40:30PM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> If it's caused by some race condition, how about the attached one?

Adding the volatile keywords did not help.

> BTW, which is your port, i386 or amd64?
> With a quick glance there is not any improper reordering around
> descriptor access even without volatile on i386, but I'm not sure.

I'm running i386.

All I need to do is to read files off two NFS servers simultaneously
and *freeze*, packet reception stops.  If I ping some other machine
when this happens, the other machine sees all ping requests, but the
one with nfe doesn't see the replies.  So, tx works and rx freezes
(until it comes back alive after 10-30 seconds and then dies again).

  -jm