Subject: Re: nfe(4) hardware checksum support
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@embedtronics.fi>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/04/2007 10:51:24
On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 02:40:30PM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> cube@cubidou.net wrote:
>
> > RX is definitely the problem.  When I experience such stalls (which seem
> > to happen as soon as a high packet rate comes in), I can still see
> > packets coming out through nfe.  I don't remember if I checked with
> > tcpdump, but pinging the broadcast address does blink the whole switch,
> > so I'm quite positive.

I can confirm this - RX is the problem and transmitting packets during stall
does not re-enable reception.

> If it's caused by some race condition, how about the attached one?

Should it be applied on top of your previous patch or to clean NetBSD
sources?

> BTW, which is your port, i386 or amd64?

i386.  I have run amd64 on the system, too, but not long enough to be able
to tell if the nfe driver works better or worse there (had too many problems
with XFree and applications with amd64).

  -jm