Subject: bringing up bridge0 makes hme0 stop
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Lloyd Parkes <lloyd@must-have-coffee.gen.nz>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/11/2007 19:16:30
Hi all,
I've just gone and bridged tap0 to hme0 on my Ultra 10 and I stopped
getting packets in and out of hme0. I switched off hme0 hardware
checksums on a hunch and I started to get packets. Is this supposed
to happen? I'm guessing not.

I'm running NetBSD/sparc64 4.0_BETA2 from a couple of days ago.

I brought up the tap and bridge with
	ifconfig tap0 create
	ifconfig bridge0 create
	brconfig bridge0 add tap0 add hme0 up

tcpdump showed no packets and ping couldn't look up host names in the
DNS. I put tcpdump in the background then disabled hardware checksums
and started a ping. Right away tcpdump started reporting network
traffic.

If nobody can tell me that it's supposed to work that way, I'll raise
a PR.

Cheers,
Lloyd