Subject: Non-continious network mask support
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 12/30/2006 18:44:23
Hi all,
is there any objection to add code to detect and reject non-continious
network masks in the route code for all protocol and refuse them? I want
to merge that to the NetBSD 4 branch for preparing users and remove the
actual backend later in HEAD. The support is not really used by anyone
according to network people I talked with. It seems that at least Linux
for example already disallows that.

The feature is not really required as it can be emulated by splitting
the routes into smaller continious parts, so I don't really think we
loose anything. It is a major requirement for more intelligent index and
lookup datastructures.

Joerg