Subject: nfe(4) watchdog timeouts.
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@roadsign.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 12/16/2006 04:16:26
I'm trying to get the internal nfe(4) on my Xbox to work, but it is
getting watchdog timeout errors when trying to receive packets(*).  I
added a couple of patches from OpenBSD that were supposed to help, but I
think they are for transmit side issues.  Anyone out there a nfe(4)
expert?  I could use some help as using this usb ethernet is a bit of a
pain and I would prefer to use the internal.

It could also be an interrupt routing issue, because of the late attach
of my xboxfb driver and the fact that I'm not able to boot diskless with
nfe(4) I don't exactly know how it is attaching interrupt wise.

Anyway, if anyone has any advice on debugging this watchdog timeout
issue, please let me know.  I can easily add printf statements and be
able to read the output at the time of the watchdog timeout now that I
have an xboxfb working.
Thanks!

-Andrew

(*) via tcpdump I can see that the dhcp packet is getting transmitted ok.