Subject: Re: IFQ_MAXLEN: How large can it be?
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/16/2006 14:04:15
On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 11:58:23AM +0100, Christoph Kaegi wrote:
> On 16.11-11:49, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > >
> > > The dropped packets I reported where all on the ipintrq.
> >
> > OK, so maybe increasing the input queue size can be of some help to
> > absorb bursts. how many interfaces with lots of input traffic do you have ?
> >

> I'd say three. Ca. 1 Minute of nload says:

OK, so 4096 should be more than enough. There are 256 receive descriptors per
wm interface; so even if the ring is full when the hardware interrupt is
processed, it will fill only 768 slots in the IP input queue.

Maybe your problem is lack of CPU power then. What kind of hardware is it ?

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>