Subject: Re: dhclient and backgrounding
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Zafer Aydogan <zafer@aydogan.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/15/2006 22:27:19
Hello Steven,

it would be great if the dhclient.conf manpage would contain the
default location for itself (for the file dhclient.conf). I guess it's
/etc/dhclient.conf but it isn't mentioned anywhere.
And the unit of time in the retry statement "retry [time]" would be
great. It says the default is 5 minutes, but the example at the bottom
says "retry 60;", so I guess it's seconds.

Least but not last. It doesn't matter what I enter for retry, it is ignored.

Cheers, Zafer.