Subject: Re: Problems with scp against Solaris
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Jan Danielsson <jan.m.danielsson@gmail.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/14/2006 15:22:09
--------------enig93D0C9CEEFFC85DA0BE801A6

Manuel Bouyer wrote:
[---]
>>    Does anyone recognize this behavior? Was it something I did, or cou=
ld
>> the problem be in the Solaris system at the university?
>=20
> You says it prints a fortune, this may be a hint.
> Does
> ssh <solaris box> echo=20
> prints anything ? It should not.

   It does print a fortune.. :-(  You know, I kind of found that
peculiar, since no other server I use scp against exhibits that
behavior, but I assumed there was a good reason I got a fortune through s=
cp.

   Does this "fortune" issue bring me any closer to a solution, or does
it merely verify that there indeed is a problem?

--=20
Kind regards,
Jan Danielsson