Subject: Re: Zyxel B-100 wireless pcmcia support with wi(4) driver?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <yancm@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/01/2006 19:23:24
I'm still trying to get NetBSD 3_Stable/3.1RC4 to work with my Zyxel B-100
Wireless card. Or vice versa?!8-)

The install disk with the GENERIC kernel seems to recognize the card.
dmesg segment:

  wi0 at pcmcia0 function 0: <PCMCIA, 11M, WLAN Card v3.0,  , >
  pcic0: port 0x400-0x43f
  pcmcia0: card irq 9
  wi0: 802.11 address 00:00:00:00:00 (I verified my correct MAC address)
wi0: using RF:PRISM3 MAC:ISL3871
  wi0: Intersil Firmware: Primary (1.1.0), Station (1.4.2)
  wi0: 11b rates" 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps

and (after suspending out of the ftp install/interface wi0/dhcp sequence):

# ifconfig wi0
wi0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
  powersave off
  address: my:ad:dr:es:s!
  media: IEE802.11 autoselect (DS2)
  status: no network
  inet 0.0.0.0 netbask 0xff000000 broadcast 255.255.255.255
  inet6 yada yada...don't use inet6 yet...
#
Then I set my SSID with:
# ifconfig wi0 ssid MySSIDString

I resume and yet I get nothing but:
 DHCPDISCOVER on wi0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 8
with about 5 repeats at different interval. Then:
 no DHCPOFFERS...

The link light flashes, but it does not seem to be connecting to my
wireless gateway. I see no traffic on my central dhcp server.
I have several other WinXP laptops and they are working fine.

This card worked fine in win98 and it works with the Ubuntu 6.06
install. Ubuntu identified the driver as eth0, but I suspect this
might be an alias.

I don't have near enough knowledge to fix this myself, but I might
be able to help if someone knowledgable give me some direction.

Thanks,
gene