Subject: Re: Appropriate byte counting, revisited.
To: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@gmail.com>
From: Michael van Elst <mlelstv@serpens.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/13/2006 13:13:18
On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 11:49:33AM +0100, Rui Paulo wrote:

> By look it, you mean go to google and type rfc 3465 ?

Looking at ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3465.txt,
but google is fine too :)

> Besides the fact that the RFC number is in the sysctl MIB
> description, try searching for "tcp abc rfc" :)

But "tcp abc" also revealed the "TCP Atomic BrooadCasting" :-)

For my taste "abc" doesn't say much and is ambigous. Using
the rfc number is precise, just like net.inet.tcp.rfc1323
says what it does.

--
                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv@serpens.de