Subject: Re: high input packet rate can lead to process starvation
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Tad Hunt <tad@entrisphere.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/29/2006 13:07:07
If it were just a simple matter of importing YAMAMOTO Takashi's changes,
and bringing them up-to-date with NetBSD-current, I would do so.

However in our application of NetBSD, the performance of the networking
stack is pretty much irrelevant, so most any solution that allows user
processes to run under high packet loads is acceptable.

Certainly this is not true for many applications.

Unfortunately, we do not have the resources (time for implementation and
test or hardware) available to do extensive analysis to determine what
kind of performance impact these changes would have on the stack.

-Tad