Subject: Re: Intel em Driver and NetBSD wm
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Darrin B.Jewell <dbj@netbsd.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/30/2006 15:37:32
>The reason for my inquiry is, NetBSD-CURRENT loads wm for the 'Intel(R)
>PRO/1000 PL Network Connection - PN LOM-82573L' in my thinkpad x60s,
>pretending to work, but just refusing to send or receive anything. BTW
>the 82573 isn't listed in the wm manpage - correctly, but it tries to do
>something it cannot.

I'm having a similar problem with a a wm
 "Intel i82573E IAMT 1000BASE-T Ethernet, rev. 3"
connected to a makphy:
 "Marvell 88E1111 Gigabit PHY, rev. 2"
which I'm looking into.

It seems to work correctly at 1000baseT, but not at 100baseTX.  So
far, I think that the mac is not properly auto configuring itself from
the phy as per the CTRL_ASDE bit, since when its not working, the
registers in the phy and the mac disagree on the speed.

Dheeraj's port of the openbsd driver works, although they don't use
ASDE and instead clobber the speed in the mac manually.

Have you filed a bug report on this issue?

Darrin